Call 877-244-6349 – We Do Chimney Inspections & Fireplace Inspections
**FREE 14 Point Certified Chimney Inspections and Photo Documentation Via E-mail With All Fireplace Sweeps!**
Also known as fireplace inspections, chimney service inspections, condition reports, etc. Chimney inspections or fireplace inspections provide you with confirmation of whether or not your fireplace or chimney was affected by last winters freeze thaw cycles. Visual detection of age & use, wear & tear, which if not tended to, can cause costly fireplace chimney repairs or unsafe conditions.
At minimum, inspection is an annual necessity per CSIA (the Chimney Safety Institute of America), NCSG (the National Chimney Sweep Guild), NFPA (the National Fire Protection Association) and IRC (International Residential Code). This applies to fireplaces (both gas & woodburning) and gas appliance chimney flues (furnace, boiler, water heater chimneys).
- The NFPA 211 (Nation Fire Protection Association) says that a chimney inspection and fireplace inspection of all chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be done annually.
- Chimney inspections and fireplace inspections are required upon the sale or transfer of a property, per NFPA 211 (Nation Fire Protection Association).
- Each year unsafe fireplaces & chimneys cause significant numbers of injuries and deaths, and account for more than $200 million in property losses. Your fireplace & chimney system are an important part of your home heating system. Make chimney inspections & fireplace inspections a regular part of your home maintenance schedule.
- For safe and efficient operation, your fireplace & chimneys need annual service, including chimney inspections or fireplace inspections, by one of our CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps. Our technicians will verify that your fireplace & chimneys are free of obstruction and combustible deposits.
*There are three levels of chimney inspections or fireplace inspections; Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3.
Level I Inspection (Chimney Inspections & Fireplace Inspections) – This inspection is recommended when your fireplace, chimney, and venting system are easily accessible and when you are planning to maintain its current use. In general, this level of chimney inspections or fireplace inspections are performed in most homes. In a Level I inspection our CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps will verify that your fireplace & chimney structures are sound, free of obstructions, and combustible deposits, such as creosote.
Level II Inspection (Chimney Inspections & Fireplace Inspections) – The addition of a new home heating appliance or a change in the type of fuel you are burning requires a Level II inspection. This inspection level is also required upon the sale or transfer of a property or after an operating malfunction or external event that is likely to have caused damage to your fireplace & chimney. The scope of Level II chimney inspections and fireplace inspections include that of the Level I inspection plus the inspection of accessible portions of your attics, crawl spaces and basements. It may also include a performance test such as a smoke test or a pressure test and possibly an interior fireplace & chimney video inspection, if recommended by our CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps.
Level III Inspection (Chimney Inspections & Fireplace Inspections) – When a Level I or Level II inspection suggests a hidden hazard and the evaluation cannot be performed without access to concealed areas, a Level III inspection is recommended. This type of inspection confirms the proper construction and condition of concealed portions of your fireplace & chimney structure as well as its flue. Level III chimney inspections and fireplace inspections are generally necessary when investigating an incident that has caused damage to the fireplace, chimney, building, or where a hazard is detected and suspected.
* In doing our primary job of sweeping chimney systems, which includes chimney inspection or fireplace inspection, Superior Chimney’s CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps also function as on-the-job fire prevention specialists. We are constantly on the lookout for unsafe conditions that can cause home fires or threaten residents with dangerous or unhealthy indoor air quality.
Call Superior Chimney today for your chimney inspections and/or fireplace inspections!